ASQ Granite State Section 0104
ASQ Granite State Section 0104

Secretary's Minutes

SLT Minutes 20131203

Attendees:

Jeremy Plante

Chris Carr

 

Jack Meagher

Terri Lemay

Deb Burke

Brian Pineault

Mary Lou Lonsdale

Charlie Killam

Jill Power

 

Kurt Stuke

 

 

 

 

Absentees:

Al Choiniere

Rick Cembalisty

 

Gurdeep Mahal

Pam Slingsby

 

Lisa Schofield

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The meeting convened at 6: 15 pm

  1. Chair’s Report (Jeremy Plante): This meeting was called because the new business plan is due to ASQ by 12/15/13

 

  1. Vice Chair’s Report ( Terri Lemay): Terri reported that the ASQ training in Marlboro was good and she learned a lot about what to do as the new Chair. She would recommend it the rest of the SLT next year due to rule changes. Compliance is still required. Each section must hold themselves accountable. Increase in membership is very much encouraged.
  2. Secretary’s Report: (Deb Burke): No meeting minutes presented from last meeting. Deb will send out copies of November and December minutes.
  3. Treasurer’s Report (Charlie Killam) : Checking account $1219.77 / Savings Account $8008.48 . Charlie will submit the 2014 financial budget to ASQ based on expenses from last year. These are due on 12/15/13. Jack will purchase new projector before year end.
  4. Arrangements (Pam Slingsby) : No Report
  5. Programs: (Jack Meagher) Kurt will do a presentation for January “The Philosophy of Quality”. February is scheduled: DELMIA Operations Intelligence. Healthy living/Healthy eating: Sugar Blues presentation by Louise is a possibility for March.

 

  1. Education Chair Report (Kurt Stuke) : Kurt has 2 courses ready to go. Needs to Beta test and create a gateway in order to have students pay for the course. Charlie will discuss how to proceed with this to his internet contact. Kurt has also suggested that the section might want to offer a Mentor Program. This could be a value add to people who don't want to or cannot come together for a class.
  2. Internet Liaison Report (Charlie Killam): Charlie changed the layout/color of the website to something “lighter”. Website is up to date thru the end of December. Meetings for January forward need to be added.
  3. Section Management Plan Chair’s Report (Chris Carr): The SMP is now referred to as PAR – Performance Awards and Recognition. Now deadlines are mandatory. There are two new awards, Innovation and Performance. Chris reviewed the critera for each award. These go into effect January 1. ASQ also has an investment
  4. Newsletter Report (Lisa Schofield): Newsletters are being sent out regularly.
  5. Membership Report( Jill Power): No report
  6. Database Chair Report (Jill Power): No report
  7. Section Examining/ Recertification Committee Chair’s Report (Gurdeep Mahal):No report
  8. Certification Chair’s Report (Brian Pinault):   19 people taking exams in December. Brian has reserved 2 rooms @ $125 per room. 2 proctors are scheduled.
  9. Placement Chair’s Report (Al Choiniere): No report
  10. Publicity Chair’s Report (Al Choiniere): No report
  11. Historian’s Report (Lisa Schofield):history is ongoing…

 

  1. NEQC Rep Report (Dan Manning): No report
  2. Granite State Quality Council Liaison’s report: Monthly meetings
  3. Nominating Chair (Terri Lemay): Turning this over to Charlie next year .               
  4. Audit Chair (Rick Cembalisty): No report
  5. Voice of the Customer (Chris Carr): This will be turned over to Mary Lou
  6. New Business: (all): Using social media sites was discussed as a new means of reaching out to membership. Terri will set up a Facebook page using ASQ104@gmail.com (if this e-mail address is available.) Mary Lou has volunteered to set up a Linked-In account and Kurt has volunteered to set up a Twitter account (Tweet-Tweet!)

Items to add to the Business Plan were discussed and Chris added these items. He gave the plan to Jeremy to review. Jeremy will forward to Terri (as the Chair for next year) and return to Chris for submission to ASQ, Jim Shore Regional Director and Robert ?, Deputy Regional Director, by 12/15.

  1. Action Items for next meeting: None

 

Meeting adjourned: 8:15 pm

Next meeting: February 5 at 6pm venue TBD

Respectfully Submitted:

Deborah Burke

SLT Minutes 20131106

Attendees:

Al Choiniere

Chris Carr

Rick Cembalisty

Jack Meagher

Terri Lemay

Deb Burke

Brian Pineault

 

Charlie Killam

Jill Power

 

Kurt Stuke

 

 

 

 

Absentees:

 

 

Jeremy Plante

Gurdeep Mahal

Pam Slingsby

 

Lisa Schofield

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The meeting convened at 6: 06 pm

  1. Chair’s Report (Jeremy Plante): Jeremy wasn’t here to report

 

  1. Vice Chair’s Report ( Terri Lemay): Terri and Jill and Chris and Jack, Charlie are all attending the ASQ training in Marlboro
  2. Secretary’s Report: (Deb Burke): Meeting minutes accepted from last meeting with following change “501C3 was corrected with IRS and Citizens bank” to the first line of the treasurer’s report.
  3. Treasurer’s Report (Charlie Killam) Correction to last minutes – see above. We got allotment from ASQ – balance is now $1069.32
  4. Arrangements (Pam Slingsby) : Rick is making arrangements for dinner at Lilac City Grille for the November monthly meeting in Rochester at Thompson. The address of the restaurant has changed so this should be noted in the meeting notice.
  5. Programs: (Jack Meagher) Last meeting at BAE went well. November program is at Thompson in Rochester on 11/19. Jack will include maps and directions in the newsletter. Charlie won’t be at the meeting and will give Rick the card to pay for the meal in case Jeremy can’t make it. December: No Meeting. Kurt has offered to do a presentation for January “The Philosophy of Quality”. February is scheduled: DELMIA Operations Intelligence. Healthy living/Healthy eating presentation by Louise is a possibility for March.

 

  1. Education Chair Report (Kurt Stuke) : Another poll was done: about 10% response. CMQ is the top choice. Low turn of response indicates that we might not get a full class if one is offered. On line CQA course that Kurt has put together could be offered for a charge once it’s determined to be ready to go. This is one way to get the value to the customer and get a revenue as well. Kurt could get classroom for $85 per night but without enough people to attend this might not work.
  2. Internet Liaison Report (Charlie Killam): Presentation from BAE will be uploaded once received. The website has a picture from the BAE meeting. Layout of the website will be changed to include some type of calendar. New member info from Jill has been added effective September.
  3. Section Management Plan Chair’s Report (Chris Carr): Chris sent in SMP report to ASQ and they said that it wasn’t due yet and noted that the QMP manual is outdated because Chris used it as reference.
  4. Newsletter Report (Lisa Schofield): Newsletters are being sent out regularly.
  5. Membership Report( Jill Power): Jill has handouts! 273 members as of September. Allotment is 14. Drop in 10 members since January. 44 members are unpaid.
  6. Database Chair Report (Jill Power):
  7. Section Examining/ Recertification Committee Chair’s Report (Gurdeep Mahal): No report
  8. Certification Chair’s Report (Brian Pinault): 9 people took exams on 10/24. Millipore decided not to host an exam at their site. 19 people taking exams in December. Brian has reserved 2 rooms @ $125 per room. 2 proctors are scheduled.
  9. Placement Chair’s Report (Al Choiniere): Website is changing the background to white causing readability problems. Charlie will check it out. Kurt has sent Al a CQE and it is posted. We have been getting a little more activity and Al is posting local job listings.
  10. Publicity Chair’s Report (Al Choiniere): Nada…
  11. Historian’s Report (Lisa Schofield):history is ongoing…

 

  1. NEQC Rep Report (Dan Manning): No report (Dan is going to attend the Saturday ASQ training in Marlboro too)
  2. Granite State Quality Council Liaison’s report: 2 NH award winners; City of Dover and a funeral home received the awards.
  3. Nominating Chair (Terri Lemay): Terri has already submitted for this year and next year as well.             
  4. Audit Chair (Rick Cembalisty): Audit due before 2/15/14. Need to establish a date for the audit…. Decided on 2/5 for audit 5pm and SLT 6pm meeting at the same time.
  5. Voice of the Customer (Chris Carr): Emails received by Chris saying ASQ has some additional training available for VOC.
  6. New Business: (all): Calendar: April 2 for SLT and June social will be discussed in February SLT.       Chris will call ASQ to see if the silver emblem is available to post on our website. We dropped to silver because of membership dropped. How do we increase membership? Al will see what used to be available to publicize.
  7. Action Items for next meeting:      

 

Meeting adjourned: 7:48 pm

Next meeting: February 5 at 6pm venue TBD

Respectfully Submitted:

Deborah Burke

Print Print | Sitemap
© ASQ Granite State Section 0104